MISSION & CORE VALUES
The Mission of Christian Academy of Knoxville is to partner with Christian families to provide a comprehensive college preparatory education from a biblical worldview in a Christ-centered environment.
Acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of the Scriptures.
Promote a covenant partnership with Christian families to build an authentic Christian community.
- Place an equal importance on academic excellence and spiritual development of students.
- Provide a dynamic college-prep curriculum, programs and activities that develop the whole person for the glory of God.
- Hire, develop and retain godly faculty and staff who model biblically integrated lives.
To honor and serve God by providing a Christ-centered educational environment that is an extension of the Christian home, that is accessible to a broad cross-section of the Christian community, that meets the needs of students with varying scholastic aptitudes through a balanced emphasis on academic excellence and continuous spiritual growth and service, and in doing so is widely recognized and respected.
Statement of Faith
We, the Board of Trustees, administration and staff of Christian Academy of Knoxville are mindful of God's will that children should be taught the content and practical applications of His Word in every aspect of learning and in every activity of life (Deut. 6:4-9). We firmly believe that a Christian school is essential to the successful completion of these child-training responsibilities. It is this school's purpose to establish an educational institution where students may obtain a sound Christian education - one which allows children to know that God is the central source of knowledge, attitudes and skills.
We adhere to the following principles which shall govern all activity of the Academy.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God and the standard by which all knowledge is judged and taught (II Timothy 3:16,17).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (I Peter 1:1b, 2; Luke 3:21, 22).
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (I Cor. 15:3,4; Heb. 1-3).
- We believe that the salvation and redemption of lost and sinful man is possible only through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 3:21-26).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Gal. 5:22, 23; Rom. 8:4-9).
- We believe that God has given a variety of spiritual gifts (I Cor. 12:4) to all believers according to His sovereign will (1Cor. 12:11) for the building up of the body of Christ (I Cor. 14:12). Believers are to be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:3) that there should be no division in the body (I Cor. 12:25). All believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ (I Cor. 12:13) and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit from the moment of salvation (Romans 8:9).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:29, Acts 24:15, Matt. 25:46).
- We believe that all believers of our Lord Jesus Christ are united in the Body of Christ (I Cor. 12:12, 13) and are eternally secure in this relationship (John 10:28; Romans 8:35-39).
- We believe that children and adolescents should be disciplined in Christian love (Hebrews 12:6, Rev. 3:19).
- We believe that teaching and learning should be accomplished through the cooperative effort of teachers and parents, for the Bible places primary responsibility for this total education of the child upon the parents (Eph. 6:4; Deut. 6:4-9; Proverbs 22:6).