With the improvements to CAKwarriors.com, we are now able to offer a text messaging service to alert all enrolled phone numbers of any weather / emergency alerts.
Instructions were emailed last week and hopefully you found them to be helpful. If you had any trouble signing up for the text alert, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help you through the process.
If you are still interested in adding this text messaging service to the ways you can become informed about winter weather and how it impacts CAK, please follow the instructions below. It will just take a few moments and only needs to be done once!
- Visit the Calendar Page
- Click on the bell - "alerts" button at the top right corner of the calendar
- Click "Register New User" and complete the registration process.
- Once you are logged in you will see a screen named "Manage Calendar Subscription." Click red "back" button on upper right hand corner of box
- Click button to "add text enabled phone"
- Enter your phone number, select provider and "save phone"
- At this point a text message with a security code should come through to your phone
- When the text comes, click "verify" next to the phone number, enter the code and click verify again
- Your cell phone number should now be added with a green check box that reads "text enabled."
- Proceed to the bottom of the alert box and click on the "settings" link next to the news alerts
- A new box will open, at the top of that box, select the check box next to your phone number to enable the texting option
- Select the SMS/Text Message box next to the "Weather/Emergency Alert." (Feel free to select any of the other news categories to sign up to receive either by phone or email.)
- Once you update your settings, you are ready to receive our weather/emergency alerts via text message.
To sign up for any additional alerts (i.e. athletics, news, etc.), please follow the same instructions as above and when you get to step #12, select a different category in place of the "Weather/Emergency Alert."
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Winter Weather Notifications
Decisions to close school due to adverse weather conditions are made by the school administration. Please understand that the school administration does everything possible to make these decisions and communicate them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
In all instances, due to the diverse safety conditions during inclement weather, parents may decide to keep their student at home, without penalty, if weather conditions are dangerous in their area.
Please be aware that whenever there is a delayed start or cancellation due to winter weather, CAK will notify its parents in a variety of ways:
- Radio stations (WRJZ and WIVK)
- Television stations (WATE, 6; WBIR, 10; WKXT, 8)
- Website (www.cakwarriors.com - page pop on all pages)
- Facebook (Athletics and Main CAK Pages - follow us)
- Twitter (follow us)
- Email Blast
- Phone recording will be changed to reflect status (865-690-4721)
- Text message for anyone who has enrolled in the new alert system on the website (directions on how to enroll below)
Many of the above methods can be accessed via cell phone, enabling you to get the news almost immediately.
(Delayed Starts: On delayed start days due to inclement weather, there will be no zero period at the high school! Also, please note that on delayed start days the high school will work off of the K-12 8 a.m. start time - not the usual 8:30 HS start time. Therefore, a one-hour delay means that all schools (K-12) will begin at 9 a.m.; a two-hour delay means that all schools (K-12) will begin at 10 a.m.)