Renewal Family Missions Day
We have one opportunity on Monday, April 1st and three opportunities on Saturday, April 13th. Even though we are encouraging families to serve together, any clubs, teams, or other groups are also welcome to participate!! If anyone would like to make a donation to help cover some of the expenses for this day, please send a check to the Business Office with Renewal Missions Day in the memo line.
1. Shannondale Nursing Home Visit: April 1st, noon - 3:00. We will meet in the high school art room to make cards and pictures for the residents. Then we will go to visit and give them the cards and pictures. This is a great opportunity for families with young children. The older people LOVE the little kids! Please email Laurie Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 22nd to volunteer.
2. Car Care Clinic and Car Wash: April 13th, 1:00 - 4:00 We will be changing oil and teaching basic car care information (checking tire pressure, changing a tire, reading gauges, checking fluids, etc.) to the moms of The Restoration House and the single moms/widows from our CAK faculty, staff, and parents (as well as any of their older children that would like to learn). We will also have a car wash going on for all faculty/staff. Any single moms or widows from our CAK family that would like to have their oil changed and/or learn about their cars, please email Houston Daugherty at email@example.com to register your car. Anyone interested in helping with these events Saturday and any faculty/staff that would like their car washed, please email Stephanie Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up by Wednesday, April 10th.
3. Ministering to our Dutchtown Neighbors: April 13th, 10:00am to noon. We visited our neighbors in the fall and brought them a plant, a Bible, and a bookmark made by the 2nd graders. We had the opportunity to pray with many of them and just let them know that we care. We want to visit with them again and take them a small gift with cards made by our 3rd graders. We will meet at CAK, get our instructions, and head out in smaller groups. We should be done by noon. This opportunity is great for all ages. It's good for our students to be there to show we care about our neighbors! Please email Leigh Ann Butcher at email@example.com by Wednesday, April 10th to get signed up.
4. Cooks for Christ: April 13th, 3:00 to 6:30pm. We will be serving a special sit-down dinner at the Knox Area Rescue Mission for the hungry people of the Knoxville area. CFC is a multi-denominational group of area Christians who come together with one major goal in mind – to share the love and truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old. We will meet at the high school at 3:00 and carpool downtown. Please email Leigh Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 10th to sign up.
Christmas time Renewed: A Gentle Reminder to Choose Peace, Joy and Love
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him.” Romans 5:13
In the busyness of erecting ornamented trees, displaying sparkling lights by the thousands, baking sugary goodies, attending function after function and shopping until you drop, do you ever feel absent of God’s joy, peace and love this time of year?
Well one thing is for certain… He has not left you. In fact, like the gentleman he is, our Heavenly Father waits patiently for you to slow down and nestle in at his feet (Matthew 11:28).
During this time of Renewal as a school, let’s endeavor to choose Christ first among our priorities. Be for certain, it is a choice. The earthly demands of this holy week may easily direct your path otherwise. Cling to those family traditions that celebrate our Lord and Savior. Visit His Word each day. Slow down long enough to hear his sweet whispers.
Lastly, let’s remember to intentionally love those around us well. When the holiday hustle and bustle threatens to leave us frazzled, choose love over it all. What better way to honor our God than to be imitators of the most significant gift ever given (Ephesians 5:1-2)?
Merry Christmas! May you feel “wrapped up” in the love, peace and joy of Christ this holiday and in the New Year to come.
Mother / Daughter Events
As you know, CAK is walking through a sweet time of spiritual renewal this year. Renewal within the home being one of our key focuses… with nurturing and strengthening mother/daughter relationships, in particular.
Mother/Daughter Luncheons & Teas are designed to help encourage mothers and young women in how to live their lives set apart from the world. These sweet times of fellowship will address how Christian woman and girls of all ages can prosper like the God-honoring woman in Proverbs 31, when faced with the daily struggles and temptations that arise with relationships, gossip, media influence, and modesty.
In step with this mission, a special time is being designated for all mothers and daughters at each grade level to corporately come together as the holiday season approaches. This time will offer a precious opportunity for fellowship incorporated with a guest speaker to bring a word of encouragement. Mothers, we hope you will make it a point to attend with your daughters.
Mother Daughter Events 2012
Pre1st/K: Stacey Bristow- email@example.com, 414-1890.
Dec. 1st 10am at Stacey’s home.
1st grade: Laurie Myers –firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-6119. Andrika Langhamemail@example.com.
Nov.17th@11am, 10213 South River Trail.
2nd grade: Kristen Langenberg firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-9278
Dec.2nd 4-6pm at Fellowship Church, Rm 601
3rd grade: April Ella - email@example.com, 363-2117,
Nov. 17th @10am in the home of Amy Loope: 12305 River Oaks Point 37922.
4th grade: Amy Slaughter- firstname.lastname@example.org, 696-9252. Allison Deesonemail@example.com, 599-3220.
Dec. 7th @ 5:30pm in the home of Amy Slaughter. 1327 Copperstone Ln.
5th grade: Jennifer Little- firstname.lastname@example.org , 256-4564. Lisa Sterling – email@example.com, 207-8220.
Nov. 18th 3-4:30pm in the home of Jennifer Little: 1123 Coile Lane.
6th grade: Stacey Brock- firstname.lastname@example.org ,300-1593.
Nov.18th 2-4pm @ Cherokee Country Club.
7th grade: Kim Bailey- email@example.com 679-7253; Tracey Woidtke –firstname.lastname@example.org , 675-6589.
Dec. 8th 2-4pm @ CSPC fellowship hall.
8th grade: Julie Jones- email@example.com 310-1139. Delinda Merryfirstname.lastname@example.org 850-1288
Dec.1st 2-4pm at the home of Gina Grubbs. 9001 Faulkner Lane, 3922
9th grade: Laurie Bowles- email@example.com 384-2896; Susan Mansfield – firstname.lastname@example.org 603-4048
Dec. 2nd 3-5pm at Laurie Bowles home 12100 Southwick Cr. 37934
10th grade: Dori Naler -Dnaler@comcast.net 603-0624
Nov. 18th@4pm CherokeeCountry Club
11th grade: Melanie Heitzman – email@example.com, 599-5350; Terry Zimmer
Dec. 2nd@ 1:30pm. The home of Gina Grubbs 9001 Faulkner Ln. 37922
12th grade: Fran Love- firstname.lastname@example.org 384-8619
Dec. 8th 10-12@CSPC
Dutchtown Road - Missions effort
On Saturday, September 29, several CAK families came together to answer the charge of Mark 12:31. ”And the second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
In step with our 35th year’s Renewal objective to renew relationships within our community, the Missions team set out to show some love to our very own 100 plus neighbors along Dutchtown Road. Families were offered a kind “hello” and were told “we are here for you as your neighbor and would be privileged to lift your family in prayer.” Many families were prayed for together that day on their front porches.
But the Missions team didn’t show up empty handed. Our neighbors were presented with a Bible, a heartwarming bookmark created by CAK second graders, a beautifully wrapped fall yellow mum (kindly donated by Saplings Nursery), and a flyer with helpful numbers at the school and bible references to go to when in need.
“Many families were reached and there's no doubt that our warm presence will have a lasting impact on those we met, said Brad Riley who is helping lead the Missions effort for the RENEWAL this year. “It was great to hear many of the children express how much fun they had which just goes to prove that there is joy in serving our Lord.”
A lengthy list of gathered prayer requests was shared with the Renewal committee that will be prayed over diligently in the months to come. Oh how sweet a feeling to know the Lord is moving not only in our school, but in the hearts of our neighbors as well.
There will be several different opportunities for families to serve alongside the Missions group this year. More information is to come.
Spiritual Growth at CAK
The nucleus of the spiritual renewal effort at CAK is prayer. “Prayer is our total focus this year. There are prayer cells all over campus,” said Bobbye Stanfield who is helping lead this year’s prayer efforts for the RENEWAL.
Did you know?
- Before school began in August, every CAK student was prayed for specifically during a prayer walk through the halls and classrooms of each school.
- Throughout the course of the school year, every family in the school is being lifted in prayer by name. Prayer warriors including faculty, parents, students and board members are on their knees for families praying for strong and committed marriages and for spiritual renewal in the hearts and homes of each.
- PRAY CAK meets weekly to pray for a broad range of areas including:
-Repentance in our hearts, homes, school, community and nation.
-Praying specifically for the salvation of every child at CAK
-That those who have already received Christ as their Savior, will live out a life on fire for his glory.
If you would like to be a part of PRAY CAK, please contact Lisa Cate at 696.5619. Invite a friend!
- The Forty Days of Prayer initiative just recently began. Click here for a full prayer calendar.
Charles Stanley once said, “Prayer is the link between God's inexhaustible resources and people’s needs...God is the source of power, but we are the instrument He uses to link the two together.”
You can join in praying for spiritual renewal at our school. Please pray for:
-A fresh renewal of God’s Spirit on the CAK community and in the hearts of our students, parents and faculty.
-That God will move in a mighty way over our campus and in our homes.
If you are interested in being a part of the prayer team, please contact Bobbye Stanfield at email@example.com.
Kickoff - Thank you!
I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to the CAK families, faculty, alumni and area clergy who were a part of the Year of Renewal Kickoff Celebration this past Friday. The event was a huge success on many levels. A special thank you goes out to the many CAK parents and students who worked tirelessly to see the day’s activities through.
The unity among the CAK family was, at all measures, beautiful to witness. Rarely are we able to combine all three schools for one event. A couple of standout moments I will always hold dear… witnessing our high schoolers so lovingly working with the younger children during the afternoon and the sweet sounds of worship as we offered up praise as a corporate body of one under Christ.
We hope you will make it a point to be active in one or more of the opportunities outlined for you in the Renewal brochure this year.
Looking forward to seeing hearts renewed in our homes, our school, our churches and our community this year.
God is moving,