CAK's Early Learning Program
Christian Academy of Knoxville’s Early Learning Program will provide a developmentally appropriate Christian environment for exposure to the academics, fine motor and gross motor development, and social interactions.
- To encourage a love of learning;
- To provide a daily balance of both teacher-initiated and student-directed activities;
- To encourage independent decision-making and problem-solving; and
- To provide opportunities for participation in music, library, Spanish, and physical education.
Curriculum has been developed around both the three-day (M, W, F) and two-day (Tues., Thurs.) programs. Each will also accommodate a students’ learning if enrolled in a full five-day program.
Typical Day may include:
- Each day begins with devotions and a Bible lesson.
- Centers for individual or small group participation are located in selected areas of the classroom.
- Technology is introduced as a part of student learning.
- Language arts activities include: Name and Letter recognition.
- Math skills include counting and sorting, number recognition, shapes, and colors.
- Language arts activities include: Letter recognition, pre-reading activities, correct penmanship practice, memorization of poems, rhymes and jingles, and listening (to stories, directions, and music).
- Math skills include counting and sorting, number recognition, and number associations.
Begindergarten: A term referring to the school year preceding kindergarten. It is a semi-formal academic curriculum that is held in a classrom setting. The begindergarten year begins when the child is five years old but not developmentally ready to enter Kindergarten.
- Language arts activities include: phonics, pre-reading activities, correct penmanship practice, beginning writing skills, memorization of poems, rhymes and jingles, and listening (to stories, directions, and music).
- Math skills include counting and sorting, number recognition, number associations, basic addition and subtraction and problem-solving strategies.
Day options are (8:00 am - 12:00 pm):
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Tuesday, Thursday
- Monday - Friday
Any student staying after 12:00 pm will be sent to the Academy’s AfterKare program. Early Learning Program will follow the Academy’s calendar for attendance, holidays, and in-service / staff development days.
Enrollment & Participation:
To enroll, parents must submit a completed application with all required forms. A parent interview will then determine acceptance into the program.
Students must be:
- 3-years-old by March 31 to enter school the following fall
- 4-years olds must be 4 by August 31
- Begindergarten 5-year olds must be 5 by August 31
- Potty-trained to take care of toileting needs
- Able to dress themself with little assistance
- Respectful of the authority of adults
- Considerate of classmates
Tuition & Fees:
The Early Learning Program at Christian Academy of Knoxville may be either a two-day, three-day, or five-day program, all with varying tuition costs. Current tuition rates may be found here. Payments may be made annually, semi-annually, or monthly. A separate fee will be assessed for students staying past the 12:00 pm dismissal time.