Mission, Vision & Core Values
The Christian Academy of Knoxville seeks to build a vital partnership with Christian parents from a broad cross-section of the Body of Christ, to assist them in fulfilling their Biblical mandate to educate their children "...in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."
To honor and serve God by providing a Christ-centered educational environment that is an extension of the Christian home, that is accessible to a broad cross-section of the Christian community, that meets the needs of students with varying scholastic aptitudes through a balanced emphasis on academic excellence and continual spiritual growth and service, and in doing so is widely recognized and respected.
The Bible is the foundation of our faith and serves as the basis for all learning and activities at Christian Academy of Knoxville. God’s Word is taught as the ultimate source of truth with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We encourage a close working relationship between the home, the church and the school. Opportunities are provided for each student to meet his/her full potential – physically, intellectually and spiritually.
- To establish and carry on an educational Institution where students may obtain a sound Christian education, which allows them to know that God Is the central source of knowledge, attitude and skills.
- To provide a Christ-centered school experience in which a high-quality academic result is achieved.
- To provide an atmosphere where children, teachers, and parents can work together in Christian love, obedience and openness.
- To provide program in which the Word of God is studied and spiritual growth is given proper place in the total development of the child.
- To lead the child under the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit to the experience of being born of the Spirit through a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Christian is the heart of our name but it is also the heart of who we are and all we do. Christian ideals are always the goal, Christian behavior is the standard, and Christian beliefs are the foundation of policy, methodology and content.
The CAK atmosphere reflects the spiritual emphasis. Worship is welcome, discipline is consistent, social responsibility and community service are a focus, and love and grace are demonstrated.
Traditional Christian values, the ones we hold in our families, are taught and caught at CAK. You see the reflection of those values everywhere when you’re at Christian Academy of Knoxville.
The Christian tradition has held scholarship in high regard throughout history. CAK follows that tradition. Challenging and rigorous academics prepare students for higher education, career achievement, and making a difference in this world.
CAK fosters independent study habits and individual achievement through:
- Small classrooms
- A faculty in which 75% have advanced degrees
- A devotion to students
- A wide range of learning activities to enhance the
The college selection available to CAK students, the College Entrance exams, Scholastic Achievement awards, Advanced Placement scores, Scholarship awards, and comparative test scores are all clear indicators that CAK students are being well prepared scholastically for any challenge.
Character puts values into practice and makes scholarship meaningful. CAK builds character into students so they can meet the challenges of the world they live in. Young people are prepared to live Christian lives. They are developed into whole people, well-rounded and balanced.
Character development comes through academic, extracurricular, athletic, and service opportunities provided by CAK. Our programs lead students to self-assurance through achievement while stirring leadership skills. CAK fills a moral warehouse that students will draw from all their lives.
When you look at CAK you'll see reflections of strong Christian character in the students and efforts to grow it at every level.