We had a great day celebrating kindness today. The kids enjoyed the special activities and the movie "Wonder". The final week of school is upon us. The following things will be happening next week. Please mark your calendars!
Monday, May 20th - Our final Reading Buddies get together/celebration
Tuesday, May 21st - The final states, capitals, and abbreviations test
Wednesday, May 22nd - Field trip to Cades Cove - If you are coming, please meet at the Campus Center at 8:00. Please work out a carpool plan with the other parents so we don't have a lot of cars following the bus in the loop! Bring a lunch/drink with you and maybe a few blankets for us to sit on for lunch. Also, be sure your child has a full water bottle. It will probably be quite warm, and they only get a small 8 oz bottle of water for lunch!
Thursday, May 23rd - 8th Grade Missions activities from 12:15-2:00; Tennessee float parade in the cafeteria at lunch
Friday, May 24th - We will have a time in the morning for devotions and character circle. At about 9:00, the students will enjoy a special breakfast and celebrate the end of the year. You are welcome to come join us anytime after 9:00. The students can begin leaving around 10:00. The actual dismissal time is at 11:45.
The students will work on a devotion to share with the class on Friday. This is a group project on topics such as "the tongue", kindness, respect, and friendship.
Reading/Language Arts skills for the coming week:
Vocabulary: work on words for Chapters 16-20
Reading: finish The Landry News; AR test will be Thursday.
Writing: Cades Cove trip
Please be sure to send in a shoe box completely covered in paper (much like you did the cereal box). The lid can be covered so it can be removed if you want, but it can all be sealed together if that is easiest. They will be creating a parade "float" about a person or place of Tennessee. Your child has a person or place for the float. They will need to bring items from home to decorate/create their float. I have some things at school, but for a 3-dimensional float, they might need to visit Hobby Lobby (or other store with craft items) to make their particular float. We will be creating the floats on Monday and Tuesday.
Don't forget the states/capitals/abbreviations test on Tuesday, May 21st!
- Monday - P.E. (12:10-12:55)
- Tuesday - Chapel (10:00-10:40) Digital Literacy (12:10-12:55) Health (1:00-1:45)
- Wednesday - Music (12:10-12:55)
- Thursday - Spanish (12:10-12:55)
- Friday - Library (8:10-8:55) Art (12:10-12:55)
- Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math
- Quizlet https://quizlet.com/dayamanda
- Quizlet https://quizlet.com/Karen_Townley
- Showbie http://showbie.com
- TenMarks http://www.tenmarks.com
- Spelling City http://www.spellingcity.com
- Reflex Math https://www.reflexmath.com/tour
- U.S. states and capitals games (computer only) http://www.learninggamesforkids.com/us-state-games/all-states/map-the-50-states-2.html
- Accelerated Reader https://hosted21.renlearn.com/85863/