As my students like to say, "Being Kind is Being Cool!" We had an amazing day. Thank you for donating our special items!
1. I will be out of school next week, Monday-Wednesday due to my daughter needing surgery. If everything goes as planned, I will be back in the classroom Thursday and for our last day on Friday. Mrs. Walsh, who is very familiar with curriculum and our class will be our substitute.
2. States and Captials Test May 21st
3. Cade's Cove is scheduled for May 22 (Wednesday). It is an all day trip. We will go around the loop and stop at a couple of places to focus on Tennessee history and some science exploration. All chaperones are welcome for this field trip! Arrive at the Campus Center by 8:00, and please plan to carpool if possible. Parents: Bring a lunch/drink with you and maybe a few blankets for us to sit on for lunch. Also, be sure your child has a full water bottle. It will probably be quite warm, and they only get a small 8 oz bottle of water for lunch! Sage will provide lunches for the students.
4. If your child is interested in Band next year, please follow this link. Band
5. Thursday, May 23rd - 8th Grade Missions activities from 12:15-2:00; Tennessee float parade in the cafeteria at lunch
6. Friday, May 24th - We will have a time in the morning for devotions and character circle. At about 9:00, the students will enjoy a special breakfast and celebrate the end of an amazing year! You are welcome to come in to join us anytime after 9:00 until dismissal time. They can be checked out once the breakfast/celebration time comes to a close at about 10:00.
Reminder: Email response time will be within 48 hours. Most weekdays, I will respond asap. If it is the weekend, it may take the full 48 hours.
The students will work on a devotion to share with the class on Friday. This is a group project on topics such as "the tongue", kindness, respect, and friendship.
Reading/Language Arts skills for the coming week:
Vocabulary: Chapters 13-20 in The Landry News
Reading: The students will read Chapters 13-20 in The Landry News.
Writing: Create a comic strip about an animal
The students continue to work on their Geometry Project this week. They will make a video presentation that includes all the major elements of geometric lines, shapes, and concepts for the 4th grade. The week will focus will be on perpendicular/parallel lines, quadrilaterals, and triangles.
The students will continue their group project on the Westward Expansion this week and present it in front of the class.
We will begin the last project of the year in Social Studies. The children will study about Tennessee. For a project we will do in class, they will need a shoe box completely covered in paper (much like you did the cereal box). The lid can be covered so it can be removed if you want, but it can all be sealed together if that is easiest. They will be creating a parade "float" about a person or place of Tennessee. Please send in the covered shoebox ASAP. Once they have gotten their assigned topic, they may need to bring some items from home or from Hobby Lobby to help decorate and create their float. Thank you so much!
Last states and capitals test will be on 5/21. This will cover all regions of the USA.
Tuesday-Chapel, P.E (don't forget tennis shoes)