Dear CAK Families,
If you’re reading this, we hope it’s because you have a desire to connect with other parents at our school and enter into the CAK community in a way that will bless our teachers, staff and students. That’s why we’re here! Welcome. We would love to get to know you!
The Warrior Parent Association is entering into its third year of existence and great things lie just ahead. We’ve learned so much these past two years as we’ve begun building the framework for the WPA—bringing organization to the way we serve and plotting our course on the road map to what we hope the future of the WPA might become. What we pray is that along the way, we’ve been the hands and feet of Jesus to our CAK community and have become more connected to one another in the process. I think both of those things have happened!
Our theme verse this year in the WPA is 1 Cor 12:4-7 (MSG): "God’s various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful.” Our passion in the WPA is to see this verse lived out for the benefit of our CAK community and through that, to the world around us.
Some of the ways in which the WPA has lived out 1 Cor. 12:4-7 in the past have been through:
- Hospitality—teacher luncheons, Santa’s wrapping workshops, Curriculum Night suppers & Testing Week snacks
- Missions—grade-level coordinated missions projects with curriculum tie-ins at the elementary level and fall/spring whole-school projects for the middle and high schools
- Spirit events—Senior Breakfast, Middle School Movie Night, Middle School Spring Dance, Elementary Father/Daughter Dance
- Teacher gift initiatives—coordinated giving for teachers at all three schools to coincide with both Christmas and End-of-Year
- Farewell Reception hosted for parents to have an opportunity to express gratitude to outgoing & retiring staff
In addition, some of the new ways the WPA intends to serve CAK for 2018-19 are through:
- Used Uniform Sale—summer consignment event for parents to buy and sell uniform clothing
- Monthly/quarterly recognition of teacher and staff birthdays in each school with a boxed lunch and birthday dessert
- Campus Seasonal Decor installations at the front door areas of all three schools & the Campus Center
- Education Coordinator in the ES to organize help for the Book Fair, Art to Remember and STEM Night
- Alumni liaisons appointed to work with CAK to do a more effective job of reaching out and drawing in our alumni community
- Host the first ever Warrior 5K in April 2019
Excitement is running high and we will need the hands and feet of so many of our parents this year to make these things happen.
- We would love for you to join us! Look for our table and council members at the Back to School Picnic in August and Curriculum Nights for sign-up opportunities and to indicate interest for specific areas.
- Use this link to sign up to receive email communication from the WPA.
- You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Connect with us on Facebook at “CAK Warrior Parent Association” and on Instagram @warriorparents_cak.
Hope to see you soon!
By His Spirit,
President, Warrior Parent Association